IEEE Canada Board of Directors
Message from the IEEE Canada President
Dear IEEE Canada members and friends,
As a newly started Region 7 Director and IEEE Canada President, I am very honored to work with all the volunteers of IEEE Canada for the next two years, and to represent IEEE Canada (R7) as Director on the IEEE Board of Directors. Since this is the beginning of the year, I will also take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for all your support.
I would also like to show my sincere thanks to the current Past President Maike Luiken, London Section, and the then Past President Witold Kinsner, Winnipeg Section for their wonderful advice and leadership.
I would like to welcome Robert Anderson, our Direct-Elect, Southern Alberta Section and all the new and reappointed volunteers of IEEE Canada. I am lucky to work with such a motivated and dedicated group.
Congratulations to the newly elevated IEEE fellows in Canada of 2020. The grade of Fellow is the highest that the Institute confers and only after a very detailed examination of the individual’s record of technical accomplishments and much supporting evidence by his or her peers – it is the ultimate recognition within the technical fields that IEEE encompasses. The new Canadian IEEE Fellows are listed as follows:
- Chadi Assi (Concordia University)
- Vaughn Betz (University of Toronto)
- Lin Cai (University of Victoria)
- Venkata Dinavahi (University of Alberta)
- Octavia Dobre (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
- Fakhri Karray (University of Waterloo)
- Yun Wei Li (University of Alberta)
- Xue Liu (McGill University)
- Kirsten Morris (University of Waterloo)
- Sirish Shah (University of Alberta)
- Shahrokh Valaee (University of Toronto)
- Sheldon Williamson (University of Ontario Institute of Technology)
- Laurence Tianruo Yang (St. Francis Xavier University)
- Yi Zhang (RTDS Technologies Incorporated)
Let’s work together to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. I wish you a very successful and fruitful year 2020.
Jason Gu, PhD, PEng.,FEIC, FCAE IEEE Canada President, 2020-2021 IEEE Region 7 Director, 2020-2021 Professor Electrical and Computer Engineering Dalhousie University 1360 Barrington Street, C367 Halifax, NS B3J 1Z1
IEEE Canada electronic newsletter is now back! If you want your news item to be considered for publishing in next IEEE newsletters, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.