IEEE Canadian Foundation
2019-2020 IEEE Power and Energy Society J.W. Estey Scholarship Recipient
Ziyi Ma - University of Toronto (Region 7 - Canada)
- Ziyi is a first time PES Scholarship recipient who is expected to graduate in May 2020 with a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Energy & Control Systems. She has had four internships which accumulate to 2 years of working experience in the Energy Industry. Throughout her internships, she designed an equipment diagnostic system for 100 electrical houses, designed a new telecom panel for a pump station in Missouri and conducted over 50 business related presentations.
Your Gift has Impact
Donations via dues renewal support the General Fund. On-line gifts may be designated to any one of the following funds of the IEEE Canadian Foundation at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/id/503/
We are registered in Canada as a charity and a public foundation. All Canadian individual donors receive CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) approved tax receipts.
- General Fund - supports IEEE McNaughton Learning Resource Centres across Canada, related Scholarships, and Special Grants
- Canadian Life Members Fund - supports activities of interest to life members, potential engineers, and engineering students
- Technology for Humanity Fund - supports new and innovative projects that seek to apply technology for the benefit of humanity.
- Vancouver Section Scholarship Fund - supports scholarships awarded by the IEEE Vancouver Section
- The IEEE PES Canadian Scholarship Fund - supports scholarships in undergraduate electric power programs in Canada
- The IEEE Canadian Foundation Nick Cercone Graduate Scholarship in Computer Science Fund - supports a scholarship in Computer Science, a field of studies of interest to IEEE
- Kingston Section Scholarship Fund - supports scholarships awarded by the IEEE Kingston Section
- Raymond D. Findlay Annual Undergraduate Scholarship - supports a national scholarship recognizing leadership and professionalism