October 2021 Issue
IEEE Member Benefit for October 2021
IEEE Car Rental Discount ProgramThe IEEE Car Rental Discount Program is available worldwide to members and employees of the IEEE. You may book directly with the preferred car rental provider through the online booking tool.
Articles and Resources
IEEE educational activities continue to offer online instruction and IEEE's pre-university educational resources may be of assistance to families of students whose classroom activities have been disrupted. Home-schooling parents and students can explore the IEEE TryEngineering database to learn about a wide variety of concepts.
Scholarships and Prizes
IEEE Canadian Foundation Grants
- IEEE McNaughton Learning Resource Centre Grants
- Eligibility: Canadian IEEE Student Branches.
- Purpose: To enhance the learning experiences of IEEE student members at Canadian Universities and Colleges, as well as encouraging IEEE membership and activities, and interaction between the IEEE Student Branch and the local IEEE Section.
- Deadline: November 15, 2021
- Link: http://www.ieeecanadianfoundation.org/EN/cen_grnt.php
- IEEE Canadian Foundation Special Grants
- Eligibility: An IEEE Student Branch, an IEEE Section, an IEEE Canada Committee, a non-IEEE entity such as a high school, or in rare cases an individual, all in Canada.
- Purpose: To partially fund one-time new and innovative projects that advance IEEE's core purpose to foster technological innovation and excellence to benefit humanity.
- Deadlines: November 15, 2021.
- Link: http://www.ieeecanadianfoundation.org/EN/sp_grnts.php
- IEEE Canada Vehicular Technologies Travel Grants
Two travel grants each year, each one not to exceed $1,200.
- Eligibility: IEEE Student Members in good standing in a Canadian University or College (at a college, undergraduate or graduate level).
- Purpose: To support IEEE student members to attend and present a paper at a Vehicular Technologies Conference or other IEEE Conference related to Vehicular Technologies.
- Deadline: November 15, 2021.
- Link: http://www.ieeecanadianfoundation.org/EN/vt_award.php
IEEE Canadian Foundation
Streamlined Donation via IEEE Dues Renewal Shopping CartNew this year, it is even easier to donate to the IEEE Canadian Foundation at Dues Renewal (including Life Member confirmation). At the Payment page, look for “Donate to IEEE”, then click “View Donation Options”, look down the list for IEEE Canadian Foundation. Thank you for your support.
New Grants AwardedThe IEEE Canadian Foundation recently awarded Special Grants to support:
- Calgary - NEO Highschool VEX Robotics Organization
- University of Waterloo - Midnight Sun Solar Race Car Team
- IEEE SIGHT Montreal - Portable Diabetic Retinopathy Monitoring System
IEEE Canadian Foundation is a registered charity in Canada and a public foundation. All Canadian individual donors receive CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) approved tax receipts. The IEEE Canadian Foundation remains committed to supporting our programs, donors and grantees. Thank you for your ongoing support during these unusual and challenging times. Please visit ICF Facebook page
IEEE 802 Next-Gen Workshop
Join us on November 3rd for a free workshop where the IEEE 802 standards
working groups will exchange information on their next-gen activities.
This is an opportunity for developers of early-stage technologies
(e.g., academic and industrial researchers), to get familiar with
early stage 802 activities and introduce their early-stage technologies
to the 802 community.
The goal is to familiarize researchers with the 802 processes, introduce them to the 802 community and enable them to make their research more relevant to the interests of the 802 community. Ideally, some of these early-stage technologies could eventually be incorporated in to a relevant 802 standard project.
Date: November 3, 2021
Time: 16 - 17:30 ET